240 CASTEEL RIDGE
CORDILLERA| EDWARDS, CO
Sq Ft 5,658
SOLD 05/28/2021 FOR $3,400,000
Situated atop Casteel Ridge at the end of a private cul-de-sac, this stunning residence captures truly awe inspiring views of the Vail Valley. Guests will walk in the front door and immediately be mesmerized by the stunning views. Walk them down the grand staircase that connects the upper level billiard and game area to the living room, dining area, bar and kitchen.
What an oasis after a day of exploring the ski mountains. Relax in the outdoor saltwater hot tub on the lower patio or cozy up around the gas firepit on the upper wraparound deck with unspoiled views as far as the eye can see. Complete the evening on a cinematic adventure in the media room downstairs, housing a 70” movie theatre-style flat screen HD TV with surround sound.
The property is privately situated on over 2 acres and has an expansive backyard that is great for all to enjoy. Parents can hang out on the enormous new deck enjoying a glass of wine while overlooking the nice flat grass yard below where the kids can throw a ball for the dogs. Enjoy the extraordinary meandering gardens that wrap around the home creating gorgeous flowers that bloom from April through October.
This stylish and scenic mountain residence has been renovated and interior designed in a mountain modern aesthetic to create a captivating and comforting setting. The main level features a custom-built quartz double fireplace in the living room, an expansive great room with soaring cathedral ceilings and both formal and informal entertainment and dining spaces. This home has a defiant fun factor but can also be a serene space when friends and family are not in residence. Enjoy a game of billiards or get creative with craft cocktails while friends are ponied up to the full size bar. The bar is on the main level next to the kitchen and living room so that it is frequently utilized versus being down in the family room and rarely used. The media room is the perfect nook to take in a great movie or the big game. No matter what, you and your friends and family are doing within this residence, you will soak in the stunning alpine landscape.
The newly renovated master bedroom features a gorgeous archway entrance, limestone fireplace and a huge his and hers closet. Enjoy a soak in the master bath jetted tub or unwind in the oversized double-head steam shower. With 4 other bedrooms, 3 with ensuite bathrooms, there’s plenty of room for all the family, friends and entertaining.
The custom kitchen features a new overflow double refrigerator, a new dishwasher, new double ovens, a five burner Wolf Range top and a Sharp microwave drawer. Adjacent to the kitchen is the stunning custom built, stone wine cellar and full bar with custom cabinetry, a cigar humidor, ice maker and sub zero refrigerator.
This home is the perfect place to entertain as family and friends to gather for sunset cocktails, backyard barbecues, morning coffee on the private deck and more. Look out to the surrounding mountains and watch the paraglider’s soar as they take flight in the summer mornings, follow the Eagle River as it cuts through the valley below, enjoying views of three beautiful golf courses including Eagle Springs, Cordillera Valley Club and the Divide Short Course, this is one of the few “unique properties” available in the Vail Valley. This home also has an excellent short term rental history so it is a rare opportunity to step in the shoes of a well developed rental clientele.
The idyllic community of Cordillera offers four-season enjoyment while close to all the conveniences of Edwards. Limitless recreational activities include golfing, hiking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, horseback riding and more. Enjoy downhill skiing at Beaver Creek and Vail Mountain Resorts just minutes from home. Join the Cordillera Vail Gondola Club for a winter seasonal private membership located in Vail Village at the top of Bridge Street, steps from the base of Vail Mountain and Gondola One. Cordillera Vail Gondola Club offers a warm, welcoming sanctuary with friendly professional staff, ski and gear storage, ski-in/ski-out access, luxurious hearth room and lounge, two private outdoor decks, complimentary continental breakfast and après ski service.
Matterport Virtual Tour
- Panoramic Vail Valley Views
- Billiard Room/Game Room
- Outdoor Saltwater Hot Tub
- Expansive Wrap-Around Deck
- Custom Quartz Double Fireplace
- Full Size Bar on Main Level
- 100 Bottle Wine Room
- Limestone Fireplace in Master
- Meandering Gardens
- Cinematic Media Room
- Expansive Backyard Space
- Huge his and hers closet
- Master Bedroom Steam Shower and Jetted Tub
CORDILLERA COMMUNITY AMENITIES
- Each Cordillera neighborhood is a gated country club community with a vibrant social life.
- Enjoy dining options and social activities at all three clubhouses - The Valley Club & Chaparral Restaurant; The Mountain Club & TimberHearth Restaurant; The Summit Golf Club & Restaurant.
- Athletic center at The Summit includes workout facilities, lap pool, sauna/steam rooms, tennis and pickle-ball.
- Trailhead Clubhouse & Pool Complex near The Summit includes gathering spaces, resort pool and summer kids camp.
- The Cordillera Equestrian Center includes three indoor/outdoor riding arenas, boarding stalls with daily turn outs as well as outdoor living paddocks and training facilities. The Cordillera Equestrian Center is the largest such facility in the Vail Valley, boarding up to 48 horses. Right from this world-class facility, access thousands of acres of National Forest trails that retrace the footsteps of Colorado's earliest pioneers.
- Adventure through National Forest access at The Summit with miles of hiking, biking and snowshoeing trails.
- Convenient post office for Cordillera homeowners that uses your physical address - this may sound like it is not a big deal but is in fact a luxury in our Valley to avoid the normal post office and to not have trouble with package mailing between our PO Box and physical address.
- Experience four world class golf courses, managed by Troon. Membership required for three courses. Dave Peltz Short Course in The Divide is included in your Cordillera regular annual dues of $3,000.
- Join the fun with your pooch at the dog park on Carterville Road. Dogs can be off leash at this fenced dog park.
- Cordillera is one of a handful of communities in the West that own a piece of private river heaven. This gives Cordillera property owners access to 1.3 miles along the Eagle River for year-round, world-class fishing in pristine water abundant with large wild cutthroat, rainbow and brown trout. The river parcel also features viewing benches and walking paths. Cordillera is also home to a variety of stocked and managed ponds, including Upper Bearden, Lower Bearden, Summit, Valley Course, Red Draw and Grenada Glen, which is replete with a picnic area.
Cordillera Public Safety's top priority is maintaining a safe, secure and welcoming environment for all property owners. The dedicated staff gets to know homeowners through community outreach, gatehouse access and general patrols. Public Safety oversees first responder efforts, gate access, traffic and wildlife issues, alarm calls, trash and recycling and ensures compliance with Design Review Board and Covenant compliance.
- Fire Station 16, a volunteer fire station, is located at The Summit.
About the Area
Cordillera Information & Links:
Cordillera Overview | Cordillera Community | Cordillera Amenities | Cordillera's Great Outdoors | The Vail Gondola Club | The Club At Cordillera (golf and social memberships available).
Cordillera is a gated, country club community composed of three world class golf courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, Tom Fazio and Colorado native Hale Irwin, and a par 3 short course. Offering a vibrant social life, there are several options for memberships. Additionally, the Cordillera amenities include workout facilities, lap pool, sauna/steam rooms, tennis and pickleball courts, equestrian center, hiking/biking and snowshoe trails, and trout fishing ponds.
The four distinct, gated neighborhoods are The Divide, The Ranch, The Summit, and The Valley Club covering 7,000 acres. Located on the north hillsides are all neighborhoods but The Valley Club, which can be found on the south side of the Valley.
However, no matter the location, abundant wildlife grazes throughout the open space. Despite being an elite golfing community, there are many full-time residents as well as second homeowners that spend months or seasons at a time due to the diverse activities year-round. The pristine nature of the Cordillera land is accented by picturesque views of valleys and mountain peaks. In addition to that, the homeowners in Cordillera are able to get more for their money in terms of both land and home as well as privacy. The price per square foot is significantly lower than if you were to purchase directly in the villages of Vail or Beaver Creek. Thus for the cost, Cordillera offers significant value with larger lots accompanied by greater size in terms of square footage for residences.
With a close proximity to both Vail and Beaver Creek, Cordillera agrees with the lifestyle of one who wants pristine nature and vast land but also likes close proximity to all the amenities of the Vail Valley. The Cordillera Club and community experience is unlike any other in Colorado.